Bypass Pattern Lock / Reset Screen Lock: The Xiaomi users are increasing in the huge numbers. We often use Pattern Lock, PIN Lock on the Phone. The main reason for using Screen lock is keeping the phone away from Stranger, Friends & family in case if you want to hide something from them. You don’t want to show them your Personal Pictures, Social Media Accounts, Emails & other private data. That is the reason we setup Pattern, Pin or Password.
Now, What if you forget the pattern lock? You will be ending up with “Phone has been locked try again in 119 Minutes” error on the lock screen. This is the post for those who have forgotten password, Forget pattern lock or screen lock on the Xiaomi Devices. The following methods are working on all Xiaomi devices running MIUI 7/8/9including Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Redmi 5, 5A. Read this post to know how to Reset Pattern Lock/ Bypass Scree Lock/Unlock Pattern Lock on Xiaomi Phones.
Unlock Pattern Lock of Xiaomi Phone Using Mi Password Remover
In this process, you don’t have to unlock the bootloader of the phone or flash anything. You can Unlock Locked Xiaomi Phone with this trick easily. One con is you will lose the Data from your internal storage.
Requirments to Reset Pattern Lock:
- Download ADB Driver & Install it on your Windows PC.
- You can also install MI PC Suite for drivers.
- Download Mi Password Remover
Steps to Remove Pattern Lock on MIUI 8/9
1. Boot your Xiaomi Smartphone in Fastboot Mode. To boot into Fastboot Mode, Switch off the Phone & Press Power on + Volume Down to boot into fastboot mode.
2. You will be in the Fastboot Mode now.
3. Download Mi Password Remover from above download links & Extract it on your computer.
4. In the Extracted folder you will find few files which are adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll & Mi Reset.bat.
5. Make sure that you have installed ADB & Fastboot Drivers & Connect your smartphone to Computer using USB Cable.
6. Now, Run “Mi Reset.bat“. As soon as you press any key the process will run & it will remove existing pattern lock of your phone.
7. Again Run “adb.exe” & enter the following command to Reboot the phone normally.
Congratulations! You have unlocked the phone using this method. In this way, you can unlocked password of Xiaomi phones or Pattern/Password/PIN Lock.
I have tried this method personally & it working fine at my end. But keep remember that those phones were running on MIUI 8.