If you need to know about How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 3 Without Permission from Xiaomi or How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 3 without using Mi Flash Unlock Tool then this guide will be pretty helpful to you.
We have already shared the traditional way to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 3. My suggestion is to try that method first if you are unable to unlock bootloader by this method then you can try this method.
Because you’re going to the loss you data in this method. So make sure to take backup of your original data to avoid data loss.
Now, Coming back to Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 it is the best budget killer phone from Xiaomi. The Metallic finish and MIUI System gives us the comfortable feeling. It is from one of the most selling devices from Xiaomi. It comes with impressive spec and Performance of the device is extraordinary.
They have launched this phone in two variants in Snapdragon(SD) & Mediatek(MTK). So, Make sure that you are using Snapdragon version of redmi note 3 because this tutorial is only for this device.
The official way of unlocking bootloader is you have to apply for Unlocking Request to Xiaomi with proper and acceptable reason & After getting Approval you need to unlock it by using Mi Flash Unlock Tool. Usually, This takes more than 1-2 Weeks, and sometimes they didn’t approve your request for unlocking the bootloader.
So, here is the simple step by step guide to Unlock Redmi Note 3 Bootloader without Permission.
Table of Contents
Points to Remember:
- This guide is for Redmi Note 3 only. Do not try this method on any other Xiaomi phones.
- Your device may be bricked during this process. So, follow steps carefully also do this at your risk.
- Charge your device well enough.
- Download Redmi Note 3 ADB & Fastboot USB Drivers & install them on your Windows PC. You can find your ADB Drivers folder in C: Drive (C:/ADB)
- Download Global Developer ROM (6.7.21) Fastboot ROM. You need to flash this MIUI ROM to unlock bootloader after this you will able to flash any custom ROM you want.
- Download Mi Flash Tool (English Version) For Windows and install it on PC.
- Unlock Bootloader File for Redmi Note 3. (Download)
- Download Fastboot EDL file this will help us to boot into EDL mode from fastboot mode.
Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 3 Without Permission
1. You need to install proper ADB & Fastboot USB Driver from the above links.
2. Next step is to disable driver signature enforcement in your Windows PC.
To Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in your PC Open Command Window in Administrative Mode & Enter the following command and Press enter after this reboot your PC.
bcdedit /set testsigning on
3. Enable USB Debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Version 7 times. It will unlock Developer option. Again from Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Option and enable USB debugging from here.
4. Next step is Unzip the downloaded MIUI 6.7.21 Global Developer Fastboot ROM in your Computer. You will see the ROM images in the Images folder of this ROM.
5. Extract Unlock Bootloader File and Copy “emmc_appsboot.mbn” file from this folder and paste it in the Images folder of Global developer ROM. It will ask to replace file choose Replace file.
6. Install MI Flash Tool on your PC because we have to install this Global Developer ROM on Redmi Note 3.
7. Connect your Redmi Note 3 to PC In Fastboot Mode. To boot info fastboot mode press Power On + Volume Down button.
8. Extract fastboot EDL file and Run it. Now, your phone will be in Download Mode with the black screen.
9. Open Device Manager, You will see your phone as QHUSB_BULK under Ports Section.
10. Right click this and select Update Drivers Options and then Select the Driver folder from Mi Flash tool like this C:\XiaoMi\XiaoMiFlash\Source\ThirdParty\Qualcomm\Driver if you didn’t find this folder then you can choose ADB Driver from that menu. Choose to install this driver anyway wait till the installation completes.
11. Open Mi Flash Tool, Press Refresh button and You will see your device name COM10 or COM11 like this.
12. Click on Browse then locate the folder of Global DeveloperFastboot ROM. Then click Advanced, Select as follow.
- Fastboot Script – flashall.bat
- Flash Programmer – prog_emmc_firehose_8976_ddr.mbn
- Raw XML File – rawprogram0.xml
- Patch XML File – patch0.xml
12. We have configured the Mi Flash Tool next step is to flash the ROM. From the bottom Choose Clean All and Press Flash button to install this ROM on your Device.
13. It will take 10-20 Minute to finish this Flashing Process. You will see Success message after successful flashing.
14. Now, Switch on your phone in fastboot mode by pressing Power on + Volume Down button. Don’t remove it from PC.
15. Open Command Prompt from Windows Menu. Type the following command to check your device is connected or not.
16. It will show your device is connected. Type following command to unlock bootloader and press enter.
fastboot oem unlock-go
17. That’s it you have successfully unlocked bootloader of Redmi Note3 Without Permission. Use this code to check your bootloader status. You will see its unlock.
fastboot oem device-info
So this was the simple and easy way to unlock Redmi Note 3 bootloader without permission, and without using mi flash unlock tool.
But still, if you want to unlock bootloader using Mi Flash unlock tool or using official method then please follow the guide below.
- How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Official Method)
This is not a very hard method to unlock your device. But still, my suggestion is to go with Official Method to unlock Redmi Note 3. Because that process will not brick your device.
If you have any question regarding this, then please do comment. We are happy to help you.