Ths post is for Redmi note 3 Snapdragon variant users only. In this post, you will learn how to root Xiaomi redmi note 3, Unlock bootloader and install TWRP recovery on redmi note 3.
Coming to Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was launched in January 2016. Till now it is from one of the most selling phones of 2016. This phone again rocks the Redmi series from Xiaomi.
The phone has launched in two variants 2GB RAM/16GB option & another variant with 3GB of Ram & 32GB Storage options. Apart from this everything in the two variants was same.
Basically, We root our Android device for a lot of purposes like giving some tweaks to the system, to remove system apps or bloatware, to use apps which work only with root privileges. Here in this post we will unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 3, Install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 3 & Install SuperSu on Redmi Note 3 to manage root permissions.
Tip: – By this tutorial, you can root Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon(SD) Variant only. Don’t try this method on Redmi Note 3 MediaTek(MTK) variant.
Table of Contents
Steps to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3(Kenzo)
The whole rooting process is divided into 3 steps. First, you will need to unlock the bootloader, then we will install twrp recovery on it & at last, will flash superSU flashable zip file which will install supersu apk to manage root permissions.
Points to Remember:
- Please Create Full Backup of your device. In order to restore it again in case if anything goes wrong.
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Charge your device well.
- Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 USB Driver first & install them.
- Flashable SuperSU Zip.
- Download TWRP Recovery(cofface) for Redmi Note 3.
1. Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 3
Every Xiaomi Device needs to be unlocked first without this rooting process is impossible. So make sure that bootloader is unlocked. Check out the below post if you still didn’t unlock it.
2. Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3
Now, After unlocking it we can easily flash twrp recovery on it can flash supersu.zip to grant root access on your device. Let’s install twrp recovery on your phone with following steps.
1. First, go to the folder where you have placed downloaded twrp recovery img file.
2. Open command window thereby pressing Right click while pressing the Shift key.
3. You will see the command window will be opened there. Now, Switch off your Redmi Note 3 & boot them into fastboot mode using Power on + Volume down button.
4. Connect your device to your personal computer using USB Cable. Now your device is connected to Windows PC.
Want To check it is connected or not? In command prompt use the following command.
Then it will show your device is connected there. If it shows not device then probably your USB drivers are missing.
5. Now, Use the following command to flash twrp recovery on your Xiaomi device. Make sure that you have rename downloaded twrp recovery to TWRP or replace the code with the name of that recovery file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Also, you can flash TWRP Recovery for one time(Temporary) and can install SuperSU. To do this use the following command.
fastboot boot twrp.img
6. It will take few seconds to flash this recovery. After successful installation, the success message will appear. That’s it! we have successfully installed twrp recovery on the redmi note 3.
You can boot into recovery mode by using Power on button + Volume button. You are ready to flash custom ROM & Kernels.
3. Root Redmi Note 3 By Installing SuperSU.Zip
You can install the supersu app to manage root permissions now. Make sure you have downloaded supersu flashable zip file and place it in internal storage or anywhere in phone’s root directory.
1. Switch off your phone & boot into recovery mode by using Power on button + Volume button this buttons.
2. You will be in the TWRP Recovery menu. For the first, you need to do some configuration. Don’t worry it’s not the hard task.
First, Select language of your choice then allow recovery make the modification by using “Swipe to allow modifications” in on the next page select Mount system partition read-only.
3. Now you will be in TWRP Recovery. From Menu choose Install option.
4. Choose SuperSU.zip file from your root directory.
5. Select Swipe to install. It will take few seconds to install. After installation get back choose Reboot > System option.
Congratulation! You have successfully Root Redmi note 3. You are ready for flashing now. Don’t forget to share this with your friends & Please do comment we are always there to help you.
F.A.Q About Redmi Note 3 Root
- How to check if the device is rooted or not?
You can check your root status of the device using Root Checker app which is available on Google Play Store.
- How to unroot after rooting your device?
Unrooting is really simple. Follow this simple steps to unroot redmi note 3.
- Open SuperSU App from app drawer.
- Go to Setting.
- Now choose Full Unroot option from the menu.
- After unroot reboot your device.