Team Win Recovery Project(TWRP) has released the official recovery for this device. Now, You can Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus & can Root Redmi 5 Plus by installing Magisk root or SuperSU zip on this device.
The Phone is a good combination of Hardware & Software & it will rule in this pricing category. The phone features 5.99” Display along with 18:9 Display which is the trend of the upcoming phones now. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Processor. As you know every Xiaomi phones comes with few variants.
This phone is available in 3GB RAM/32GB Internal storage options & 4GB RAM/64GB Internal storage options. The phone is featuring 12MP Rear & 5MP Front facing camera along with 4000 mAh battery life. Like other Xiaomi Phones, this is also running on MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1.2 (Nought).
Now, Why you should root your device? Rooting allows you to make any modification in the system or enables various customization options on your device.
By using root access you can remove unwanted system apps(Bloatware), Backup apps data using Titanium backup, Flash kernels through TWRP to increase performance, Install Dolby Atmos or Viper4Android Sound systems, Installed Xposed Framework for various customizations & tweaks to Android Sytems. Follow the steps given below to Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
Table of Contents
Steps to Root Redmi 5 Plus | Install TWRP Recovery
Now, The rooting process is divided into two steps for now. First, You have to install TWRP Recovery on the device which will help you with various types of flashing purposes. And then will flash Magisk Root to grant root access.
If you want to use the root apps then Rooting is the only option but if you want to flash custom ROMs then TWRP Recovery will help you in this situation.
- Make sure that you have unlocked bootloader of Redmi 5 Plus.
- Please backup your important files in case if anything goes wrong you can recover them.
- Install Proper USB Driver of this device. All the download links are given below.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
To Enable USB Debugging,
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on “MIUI Version” 7-8 times. This will enable Developers option on your phone.
- Again go to “Developer options” & enable USB Debugging from the menu.
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus USB Driver
- ADB & Fastboot Drivers
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi 5 Plus
Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
Unlocking bootloader is mandatory for this process. Hence, Go through the below tutorial to unlock the bootloader of this device using Mi Flash Unlock Tool which is an Official way.
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus
It’s time to install recovery on the device. We will flash the twrp recovery by using Fastboot Mode. Just make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader using the method given above.
01. Go to the folder where you have placed the downloaded recovery.
02. Hold the “Shift” key & Press right click on an empty space in that folder.
From the options choose “Open Powershell window here” or “Open Command Window here“.You will see the Command Window on your Computer screen.
03. Now, Completly turn off your phone & boot into Fastboot Mode by holding Power on + Volume down button at the same time for few seconds.
04. You will be in the fastboot mode now. Connect the Smartphone to the computer using USB Cable.
05. On the Command Window, Enter the following code to check whether your device is connected or not!
06. After detecting device its time to flash the twrp recovery on the device itself. Enter the following command & hit the enter button. You can change the command according to your recovery name.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-vince.img
07. It will flash the recovery within few seconds. After installing you can reboot the device now.
That’s It! You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus. You can use the recovery for any purpose now.
Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
Finally, Its time to root your device using Magisk Root or SuperSU. We just need to install flashable zip file of Magisk Root or SuperSU.
Root using Magisk Root
01. Download Magisk Root from the links given above & Place the downloaded zip file in the internal storage of the device.
02. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery, Press Power on button + Volume Up button until TWRP Logo appears.
03. On the first use of TWRP Recovery, Allow Modifications on your system. Select “Install” from the main screen.
04. Locate the Magisk Zip file & “Swipe to Confirm Flash“. This will install Magisk binaries on the system along with Magisk Manager application.
05. After Flashing reboot your device.
In this way, you can Root this phone. After rooting you can use the Magisk Manager application to manage root permissions of any root apps.
Root using SuperSU
The same method applies to Root using SuperSU. But Magisk provides more features than SuperSU. Hence, The use of Magisk Manager is increasing.
01. Download SuperSU flashable zip file & place the downloaded file in the internal storage of the device.
02. Reboot your device into Recovery interface. Again you can use the Power on button + Volume Up button to boot into TWRP Recovery.
03. Choose “Install” & Locate the SuperSU.zip file.
04. Again choose “Swipe to Confirm Flash” button. This will install SuperSU binaries.
Congratulation! You have grant root access on the phone using SuperSU. To check the root status of this device use the Root Checker application.
This was the overall method to Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, Install TWRP Recovery on the device. You can use the Comment section if you have any question related this. Also, Please do share this with your friends if you really like this article.