Read this article to know about How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 4A, Unlock Bootloader of Redmi 4A & Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4A.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A is another mid range budget phone by Xiaomi Launched recently. It comes with Snapdragon 425 Processor & 2GB of RAM with 16/32 GB Internal Storage options.
Rooting your android gives your device more customization and complete authority to use your device like you want. Now, the rooting process is not a hard task in some device but in Xiaomi device they make it hard and long process due to their bootloader locking policy. After unlocking bootloader the whole process is very easy.
So Lets gets started to our tutorial?
Table of Contents
Steps to Root Xioami Redmi 4A & Install TWRP Recovery
The rooting process is further divided into three steps which are Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP & Then installing SuperSU to manage root permissions.
Points to Remember:
- Charge your device well enough.
- This rooting process in only for Redmi 4A. Do not try on any other device.
- Make sure that you know about rooting. Without knowledge of root, don’t try this.
- Take a proper backup of your data.
- Download Xioami Redmi 4A USB Driver & Install them correctly on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Download SuperSU.Zip & Placed this in internal storage.
Step 1 – Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4A
This is the first step in redmi 4A root process. You need to apply for unlocking permission first. And then after approval, you can unlock bootloader of this device.
Refer the below guide to unlock bootloader of Redmi 4A.
Step 2 – Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4A
Next step is to install twrp recovery on your phone. Make sure that you have downloaded required files from above links. follow the simple steps below to install recovery.
1. Firstly, Download & Install USB Driver on your windows PC.
2. Now, Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 4A & Place this recovery anywhere in the computer. Make sure you have renamed your downloaded recovery to twrp.img.
3. Go to the folder where you have placed the downloaded recovery. Press Shift key and right click at the same time & from the options choose “Open Command Window Here“.
4. Now, Connect your Redmi 4A Phone to the computer using USB Cable.
5. Type the following code to check your device is connected or not,
Are they not showing your device? That means USB Driver are not installed properly.
6. Type this code to boot your device into fastboot mode. You can manually boot into fastboot mode by using Power on + Volume Down button.
fastboot reboot bootloader
7. Use this command to install twrp recovery Permanently on your phone. Don’t worry you can flash Stock recovery again with the same method but it will lock your bootloader again.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Now, wait till the process completes. Usually, It will take less than 10 seconds for flashing.
That’s it! We have successfully installed twrp recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 4A using PC.
To boot into Recovery switch on your phone with Power on + Volume Up button. You can now directly flash SuperSU flashable zip file and can enjoy root access.
Step 3 – Root Redmi 4A By Installing SuperSU
The whole rooting process is easy after unlocking bootloader and flashing twrp. Now, you just need to flash Flashable Supersu.zip file and you are ready to go.
1. Boot into TWRP Recovery using Power on + Volume Up button.
2. Choose “Install” from the menu.
3. Select SuperSu.zip file the internal storage of your device.
4. Choose “Swipe to confirm flash” button. It will flash it.
5. After flashing Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache and choose reboot option.
First boot will take some time to load your all apps. So wait for it.
That’s all. so this was the tutorial on Xiaomi Redmi 4A root. Check SuperSU app will be installed there in your system. You can use this to manage root permissions.
How to Unroot Xiaomi Redmi 4A?
It easier to unroot your device. You can easily unroot your phone by using SuperSU app which we used to manage root permissions.
1. Open SuperSU app from the app drawer.
2. Go to Settings of the app.
3. Scroll down and choose Unroot option & Reboot your mobile. It will unroot your device within few seconds.
I hope this was informative to you. Please Share this post on Social Media. If you have any problem related this rooting procedure please do comment we are always there to help you.