Read this full guide to Root Xiaomi Redmi 3S & Root Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime with simple steps. Also, we will cover How to Unlock bootloader of Redmi 3S/ 3S Prime and Install twrp recovery on it.
Coming to Redmi 3S and 3S Prime this is another budget phone from Xiaomi. This device was launch on 3rd August 2016.
Eventually, they launch it in two variants the first with 2GB Ram + 16GB Storage and another one with 3GB Ram + 32GB Storage Options.
Also, the significant difference between them is 3S Primes comes with Fingerprint Scanner and 3S does not.
Currently, this phone runs on MIUI 8 Android-based operating system comes with hell lot of features & Customization Options like Second Space Dual Apps, etc.
Rooting your device allows you to customize your Android device, Make further modification in the system also we can extend a lot of features.
Let’s get started now?
Table of Contents
- Make Sure you have charged your device well enough.
- Enable USB Debugging on your redmi 3s prime.
To Enable Go to Settings > About Phone Tap 7-8 times on MIUI Version. Again Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options enable USB Debugging from here also allow OEM Unlock from this setting.
- Take Backup before Proceeding.
- Download TWRP Recovery Installer Tool for Redmi 3S/ 3S Prime.
- Download SuperSU.Zip Flashable File.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime Root Process
To root redmi 3S/Prime, we will first unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP then Will install SuperSU to manage root permissions.
It is the simple method to access root permissions on your device with this redmi 3s prime root toolkit.
It takes more than 1-2 Days to unlock bootloader after that it will take just a few minutes to do rest work.
Step 1. Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 3S/Prime
Due to security and various reason Xiaomi is locking the bootloader of the upcoming device. So, we need to unlock the bootloader of Redmi 3S/Prime first.
The unlocking process is very easier than ever. Refer our following guide to unlock bootloader of Redmi 3S Prime.
Step 2. Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 3S/Prime
1. Download & Extract TWRP Recovery installer from the above link and extract this on your computer.
2. Now, Run “twrp-installer.bat” from this folder.
3. Enter into the fastboot mode of Redmi 3S/Prime. To boot into fastboot switch off your device, Use Power On + Volume Down button to boot into fastboot mode.
4. Press any key to continue installation. It will automatically install twrp recovery on your device. Also, Your device will boot automatically to twrp recovery after successful installation.
5. You are in TWRP Recovery interface. For the first time, you need to configure this.
If you choose “Mount system partition read-only“, then you will get OTA updates for the Official ROM normally.
If you swipe to allow system modifications, you need to do one more step after that is go to Advance setting > Disable dm-verity to let your phone boot normally. Otherwise, it will be stuck at Mi logo. So take care of this.
That’s it we have successfully installed twrp recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime & 3S. You can choose reboot option or refer below guide for enabling root access with SuperSU.
Step 3. Root Xiaomi Redmi 3S/Prime By Installing SuperSU
After unlocking bootloader and installing twrp, it is very easy to root xiaomi redmi 3s/prime. Just follow this simple steps to root your device. You just have to flash installable zip file from recovery to root your device.
01. Boot into TWRP Recovery using Power off + Volume Up button.
02. Choose Install from the menu.
03. Now Choose your SuperSU.zip file from the storage.
04. Press “Swipe to confirm flash” button to flash SuperSU.
05. Clear Cache & Dalvik Cache and Reboot your device.
First boot may take some time to load. So please be patient. That’s it! We have successfully rooted xiaomi mi 3s/prime. If you face any error, please let me know in the comment section below.
To Check Your Root Status, you can use this following app.
Oh Yes! Successfully Rooted my Xiaomi Redmi 3S/Prime Click To Tweet
How to Unroot Xiaomi Redmi 3S/Prime Completly
For installation of OTA Updates, you need to unroot your device first. Don’t worry it’s not that much harder than rooting process.
Follow this steps to unroot your redmi 3S & 3S Prime.
1. Open SuperSU app from your apps.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Select Full unroot option from this menu.
Wait till it unroot your device. After this reboot your device for regular use.