Rooting gives you impressive control on the phone and today we are back with How to root Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime & Xiaomi redmi 2 device without using PC. Also, this is the simplest method with step by step guide.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 & Xiaomi Redmi 2Prime is from the greatest Mid-Range devices. Both these devices come with almost same specifications. The quick specs of this device are 4.7″ HD Display, 8MP front camera + 2MP back camera. The phone has 2200 maH battery life and runs on 4.4 Android Kitkat version.
Refer below tutorial to know how to grant root access on Redmi 2 & Redmi 2 Prime.
Table of Contents
- This root method only works with Xioami Redmi 2 or Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime. So Don’t try this method on any other device or any other Xiaomi Phones.
- The Device must be on Global Stable MIUI ROM or Global Developer MIUI ROM(not China ROM).
- Your device battery should have enough charging.
- Don’t forget to take backup.
- This rooting guide will work with all MIUI 6/7/8 Versions.
- Unroot your device before flashing Incremental OTA Updates.
- Download Flashable Root Package for KitKat Version
- Download Flashable Root Package for Lolipop Version
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime
Rooting Redmi 2 Prime & Redmi 2 make easier with this flashable root packages. You just need to flash this package through updater app or Mi Recovery. And another think is this package can be flashable through TWRP Recovery also. Follow the simple guide below.
This method works with MIUI 7 & MIUI 8 also which is based on KitKat & Lolipop Android version. Just make sure that you have downloaded correct flashable root package according to your device.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Redmi 2/Prime
1. Download right flashable root package and place this file in your internal storage. Download links are given above.
2. Open Updater app from your phone. You can found this in Tools folder.
3. Tap on three dots on the right-hand corner. From the menu now select “Choose Update Package.”
4. Now, Select the flashable root package from your internal storage of the device. Like in my device I this file name with Root.zip select this file.
5. Now, wait till the flashing process end MIUI System will do this automatically. Once the flashing process complete it will ask for the reboot. Reboot it.
Wait till phone boots up. First boot may take 15-20 minutes to start your device.
6. After Reboot you will see SuperSU App in App Drawer. This is the app which we used to manage our root permissions.
7. Open SuperSU app from your app drawer. It will ask you to Update SuperSU binaries. Click on Continue button.
8. Choose Normal to update binaries. Also, take care of not choosing TWRP/CWM otherwise you will face boot loop.
9. After Successfully binaries update press OK. Congratulations! You have successfully Rooted your Redmi 2 or Redmi 2 Prime.
To Verify root status install Root Checker Application app from Google Play Store or Star using root apps directly.
Credits: MIUI Forum
How To Unroot Xioami Redmi 2/Prime
Unrooting your phone is very easy. You can unroot redmi 2/prime within few minutes by following steps.
Launch SuperSU app. Go to Settings, Choose Full Unroot option to unroot your device & Reboot again.
All root permissions will be removed.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 2/Prime
F.A.Q About Rooting Xiaomi Redmi 2/Prime?
- How to install TWRP Recovery after rooting?
Refer below guide to install twrp recovery on your device.
- Rooting Breaks OTA Updates?
Usually, they don’t but unroot your device every time whenever you want to update your device.