Xiaomi Mi 5X is the another impressive smartphone by Xiaomi featuring Dual Camera Setup. The device is just awesome in a few matter. Also, it is set to launch in India at 5 September event. In this post, We have written step by step guide to Root Mi 5X, Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 5X & Unlock Bootloader of Mi 5X.
The Mi 5X is running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Chipset. The phone has Dual Rare Camera having both 12MP + 12MP Camera with Dual Tone LED Flash. Apart from this, it has all the basic functionality needed for the daily essential including IR Blaster. Also, It has 3080 MaH Non- Removal Battery which is lower than other smartphones from this price range.
Below is the Overall Guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 5X & Root Mi 5X.
Table of Contents
Steps to Root Mi 5X & Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 5X
The Rooting procedure is quite simple but gets lengthy its due to it take some time to unlock the bootloader of the device. Before moving to the guide please make sure that you have backed up all your data to Personal Computer or MicroSD Card to avoid any data loss happen during this process.
- Make Sure that you have backup all your data.
- Charge your device well enough.
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock on your smartphone.
1. Unlock Bootloader of Mi 5X
The first step in this rooting process is to unlock bootloader with Mi Flash Unlock tool. But to perform this, you need to have proper permission from Xiaomi. Refer the fully detailed Guide, Follow the steps & you’re done.
- How to Unlock Bootloader of Mi 5X (Step By Step Guide)
2. Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 5X
The unlock bootloader takes 2-3 days. After unlocking bootloader the next step is to Replace Stock Recovery with TWRP Recovery. That means we need to flash TWRP Recovery from the fastboot mode manually. Here are the steps to flash twrp on Mi 5X.
1. Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock from the settings.
To Enable, Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Version 7 times. This will enable developers option on your phone.
Again back to setting go to Additional Settings > Developers option & Enable USB Debugging from this menu. Also, Tick on OEM Unlock.
2. Download Xiaomi Mi 5X USB Driver & Install them on your computer.
3. Download TWRP Recovery for Mi 5X & Place this recovery in Personal Computer.
4. Go to the folder where you have placed the recovery image file. Now, Open Command Window there by Pressing Shift + Right Click the button of your mouse simultaneously. From the menu, Choose “Open Command Window Here.” You will see command will open there.
5.Switch off your Mi 5X & Boot it into Fastboot Mode by Pressing Power On + Volume Down button. The Fastboot Logo will appear that means you’re in fastboot mode.
6. In Command Window, Type the following code to check whether the device is connected or not.
7. If it shows, the device is connected then, Type this command to flash twrp recovery on your device. Make sure that you have renamed your recovery into twrp only. Else use the default name of the recovery in the command line.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
8. Flashing process will take a few seconds. That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Mi 5X.
You can boot into Recovery By Switch off your Phone, Press Power on Button + Volume Button to boot into recovery. Else, Use the following Command to boot directly from Fastboot Mode.
fastboot boot twrp.img
Now, You can head over to next step to install SuperSU on Mi 5X to manage root permissions.
3. Root Mi Max By Flashing SuperSU
SuperSU is the best app to manage root permissions on Android device. The app interface is a very smooth & easy to understood. Here is how you can install SuperSU on Xiaomi Mi 5X.
1. Download Latest SupurSU Flashable Zip file & Placed in the internal storage of the device.
2. Now, Reboot your device into Recovery Mode by Pressing Power on button + Volume Up Button. You will be in the twrp recovery interface.
3. From the Menu, Choose “Install” Option from the screen. Then Choose, SuperSU.Zip file which you have placed in the internal storage of the device. At last, Press “Swipe to Confirm Flash” button.
That’s it! You have successfully installed SuperSU on your Mi 5X to manage root permissions. Choose Reboot option to boot normally.
You can Chech Root Status of the device using Root Checker application. You can download it from the below.
How to Unroot Xiaomi Mi 5X?
You can easily unroot your device by cleaning SuperSU Application. For this, you can follow the below steps.
1. Open “SuperSU” App from the App Drawer.
2. Go to the “Settings” of the App.
3. Choose “Full unroot” to remove root permission from your Mi 5X Permanently.
This will reboot your device. You have successfully unrooted your device.
So, This was the overall guide to Root Mi 5X, Flash TWRP Recovery or Custom Recovery on it & Install SuperSU On Mi 5x to manage root permissions. If you have any question related this, then please comment down below. Also, do share with your friends to let them know about rooting process.