The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 & Redmi Note 5 Pro the device which is now ruling in the budget smartphones price segment with outstanding Specifications. Today will check out How you can Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5/ Note 5 Pro & Root Redmi Note 5 Pro in the easiest way.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro & Redmi note 5 this are the newly launched devices in the Xiaomi’s popular Note Series. They have already launched the Redmi 5A, Redmi 5 & Redmi 5 Plus. Both phones have the same 5.99″ LCD IPS Display. The Redmi Note 5 pro is running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Chipset which is never chipset compare to Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset which Redmi Note 5 has. Here are Quick specifications of both phones comparate to each other.
|Quick Specs||Redmi Note 5||Redmi Note 5 Pro|
|Display Type||IPS LCD||IPS LCD|
|Processor||Snapdragon 625||Snapdragon 636|
|GPU||Andreno 506||Andreno 506|
|Camera (Primary)||12 MP||12 MP + 5MP (Dual)|
|Camera (Secondary)||5 MP||20 MP|
|Storage||32GB / 64 GB||64 GB|
|RAM||3 GB/ 4 GB||4GB / 6 GB|
|Battery||4000 mAh||4000 mAh|
Now, There are a lot of advantages of rooting or installing twrp recovery on it. It allows you to uninstall the unnecessary systems apps, You can optimize the performance of the phone by using Xposed Modules. By using TWRP Recovery you can flash Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mods. Also, the custom recovery is much helpful in creating full backup of the device. Lets check how you can Root Redmi Note 5 Pro/ Note 5 & Install TWRP Recovery on this device.
Table of Contents
Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro
It is essential to unlock the bootloader of this device to flash the recovery. Without unlocking bootloader it’s not possible to flash recovery. And Custom recovery like TWRP needs to flash SuperSU or Magisk which brings us a root permissions.
Below we have written Full Guide to Unlock Bootloader of this device using Mi Flash Unlock Tool which is an official method.
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro
As you know to grant root access we need to flash the Magisk Root or SuperSU flashable zip file. We can not flash this flashable file through the Stock/System recovery. For this, we need to install Custom recovery like TWRP, RedWolf, CWM etc.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro USB Driver.
- ADB & Fastboot Driver for Windows.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro TWRP (Download latest one).
- Redmi Note 5 TWRP
- Magisk Root Zip.
01. Download Redmi Note 5 Pro USB Driver and Install them on your PC. Also, Download ADB & Fastboot Driver and install them properly.
02. Now, Download TWRP Recovery from the above links and place the downloaded recovery in ADB folder which you will find in the C:\adb.
03. We will install the TWRP Recovery using Fastboot Mode. Go to the ADB Folder, Open Command Window there.
To Open Command Window, Right click on the empty Space while holding the Shift key. From the menu, Choose “Open PowerShell Window here” or “Open Command Window here” in some cases.
04. Connect the Redmi Note 5 Pro to the computer using Fastboot mode.
To boot into Fastboot mode, Switch off your phone & Press Power On + Volume Down button for few seconds until Mi Logo appears.
You will see the Fastboot Mode screen with Mi Bunny.
05. In Command Window, enter the following command to check whether your device is connected properly or not.
If your device is connected properly then you will find the device name below the command. If it’s not showing your device that means you haven’t installed the USB Drivers correctly.
Now, enter the following command to install TWRP Recovery.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Also, make sure that you have renamed the downloaded recovery into TWRP.img or enter the exact name of the recovery in the command.
It will install the recovery within few seconds on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
That’s it! We have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your phone. Now, You can Flash Magisk Root to grant root access on this device.
Root Redmi Note 5/Pro By Flashing Magisk Root
To grant root access we will flash Magisk root instead of SuperSU as Magisk provides some great features like Hiding Root to use Payments Apps. But alternatively, You can flash SuperSU and can manage the root permission.
01. Download Magisk Root Zip file and place this file in the internal storage of your device.
02. Boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Turn off your device completely.
- Press & Hold Power On + Volume Button for few seconds.
- Release the buttons as soon as you see TWRP Logo.
- You’re in the recovery TWRP interface now.
03. In the TWRP Recovery interface, Select “Install” & Locate the Magisk zip file which we have stored in the storage.
04. After selecting the zip file finally, Do “Swipe to Confirm flash“. It will flash the Magisk on the device within few seconds.
05. You will see the success message on the screen after flashing this file successfully. Now, You can choose “Reboot” to reboot your device normally.
Congratulations! You have successfully Rooted Redmi Note 5 Pro/ Note 5 using Magisk. From the apps use Magisk Manager to manage root permissions of the phone.
You are ready to give some outstanding tweaks to MIUI 9 OS on this phone. So, This was the overall guide to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5/ Note 5 Pro. Do let us know your queries & Is this method works for you? in the comment section below.