Hey Everyone, Today we are back again with another tutorial for you. So, In this tutorial, we will learn how to Root Mi Note 2, Unlock bootloader of Mi note 2 & Install TWRP recovery on Mi note 2.
Xiaomi Mi notes 2 is another impressive phone from Xiaomi with curved edge display like Samsungs Edge devices. No doubt that it’s from my Dream phone.
The Phone comes with Two-sided dual curves, Front + back 3D curved glass. It has 22MP Primary Camera with 4K Video Recording ability & Selfie cam of 8MP. Mi Note 2 is powered by a 2.35GHz quad-core Snapdragon 821 Performance Edition SoC. Also, It has 4GB RAM/ 64GB and 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage options.
So Let’s get started to Root Mi Note 2 and Install TWRP Recovery.
Table of Contents
- Unlock Bootloader of Mi Note 2 first using Mi Flash Unlock Tool. It is the most important step.
- Make a full backup of your device to avoid data loss.
- Charge your device enough.
- Download Xiaomi Mi Note 2 USB Driver & Install them Properly on your Windows.
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Note 2 & Unzip it anywhere on your PC.
- Download SuperSU.zip & Place this file in your internal storage of your device.
Steps To Root Mi Note 2 & Install TWRP Recovery
1. The first step is to Unlock Bootloader of Mi Note 2, Refer to below guide,
2. Enable USB Debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > About Phone Tap on MIUI Version 7-8 times. This will enable Developer Option. Again go to Additional Settings > Developer Option enable USB debugging from this menu.
3. Now, Open the folder where you have extracted your TWRP Recovery. Open Command Window thereby Pressing Shift Key And Right Click choose “Open Command Window” here from the options.
4. Make sure to rename your downloaded twrp recovery to recovery.img no need to add .img at last.
5. You will see command prompt on your screen.
6. Connect your Mi Note 2 to the computer using USB. Now, Type the following code to check your device is connected or not.
If your device is not showing, then install proper USB Driver.
7. After this reboot, Mi Note 2 to Fastboot mode by using following command or you can manually boot into fastboot mode. To do Power off your device use Power On + Volume Down button to boot into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
8. It’s in Fastboot Mode now. Now, We will install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Note 2. Use this following command to flash recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. Wait till it installs twrp recovery. Don’t worry it will take just a few second to install it. After successful installation, The next step is to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot recovery.img
10. Your Mi Note 2 will boot into twrp recovery. For the first time, you will need to setup your recovery. Select the Preferred Language. Click on the checkbox to do not show again during boot. Swipe to Allow modifications in the system.
Installing SuperSU Using TWRP Recovery
This is the final step in this rooting process. This will install SuperSU On your system to manage the root permissions. Soft reset your phone is mandatory.
1. Select Install option from the recovery.
2. Choose the SuperSU.zip file from the internal storage of the device.
3. Select Swipe to Confirm Flash & wait few seconds until it flashes.
4. Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache after installation of the SuperSU.
5. Reboot & enjoy! It will take some time to boot up your device.
That it! You have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 device. If you are facing any issue, then you can comment below. We are always there for you.
You can check your root status by the Root Checker application. You can download from the below link.
How to Unroot Xiaomi Mi Note 2
You didn’t need to any hard work to unroot your device. Follow this simple steps to unroot Mi Note 2.
1. Open SuperSU App from the app drawer.
2. Go to Settings & Choose Full Unroot option from this setting.
3. Wait until it removes SuperSU. After This reboot again. Your device will successfully unroot.
Tip: – Always Unroot and Install Stock Mi Recovery to install latest OTA Updates from the Xiaomi.
So, This was the overall guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Note 2 & Grant root access on this device. If you have any question related to rooting & all those stuff Please ask below in the comments!