Are you owning the xiaomi’s latest flagship device – Mi Mix 2S? Then, you can follow this simple guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S right now.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S – one another successor to the Mi Mix Series. The device features trim-bezel design, 5.99″ display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels and runs on latest android 8.1 Oreo. The Mi Mix 2S comes with 2.8 GHz Kyro 385 octa-core processor paired with 6 GB of RAM. Over that, the device has got an Adreno 630 GPU with 64 GB of onboard storage.
So, let’s move over the topic. In this guide, we have shared the best possible way to install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S easily. All you need to do is follow the instructions carefully.
Table of Contents
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
As of now, the official TWRP Recovery is not available for Mi Mix 2S. But, a Xiaomi EU Forum member – ingbrzy has introduced unofficial TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S using which you can do most of the TWRP recovery things easily without any issue. But, if you are looking for official TWRP Recovery, then you might have to wait for some weeks until the official build starts rolling out by the TWRP team.
So, let’s proceed towards the prerequisites and downloads section first.
- We do highly recommend you to take a complete Backup of your data because this process will wipe your device.
- To avoid sudden shutdowns, charge the phone up to 60%.
- Make sure that your Mi Mix 2S has unlocked the bootloader. You can follow our guide on how to unlock the bootloader on xiaomi devices.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging Mode on your xiaomi phone.
- Also, install ADB & Fastboot Tools on your PC.
Once you have done with all the points listed above, you can go ahead to install TWRP on Mi Mix 2S.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Download TWRP using the link above.
- Once downloaded, extract the zip file (TWRP_polaris.zip) on your desktop.
- Copy the TWRP image file (twrp.img) and transfer it to C:\adb folder.
- Now, right-click anywhere on an empty space inside the ADB folder.
- From the options, choose ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Power OFF your Mi Mix 2S completely and boot into Fastboot mode by holding Volume Down + Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Once the device enters into fastboot mode, connect it to the PC using the USB cable.
- Finally, type and enter the below line of command to install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Done. Now, do not reboot your Mi Mix 2S because it will replace the TWRP Recovery with the default recovery.
Steps To Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Using Magisk
- Download Magisk flashable zip file using the link above.
- Once downloaded, transfer it to an easily accessible location on your device.
- Boot Mi Mix 2S into TWRP Recovery Mode using the unique combination of buttons that you used above.
- Once the device enters into TWRP home screen, Tap on ‘Install‘.
- Browse and select the Magisk flashable zip file (Magisk-v16.3.zip).
- Finally, swipe the button at the bottom of the screen to root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S using magisk.
Once the flashing process is done, hit ‘Reboot system’ button to reboot your xiaomi device normally. Bingo, now your Xiaomi phone has successfully been Rooted. Now, you can go ahead and enjoy all those hidden features.
In case, if you are facing any issue while installing TWRP Recovery and rooting Mi Mix 2S, you can write a comment below.