Follow this guide to install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5 (Gemini) based on Android 8.1 oreo right away.
Mi 5 is one of the best looking Android device launched by xiaomi in this segment with snapdragon 820 and 3 GB of RAM. If you are also owning Xiaomi Mi 5, then the time has come to enjoy all new Android Oreo features on your xiaomi device right now. All you need to do is upgrade your device with latest and official LineageOS 15.1 update. You can go through this post to do so.
Table of Contents
Guide To Install LineageOS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi 5
This ROM is an official LineageOS 15.1 build. Xiaomi Mi 5 (Gemini) devices running on MIUI 8/9 Global ROM are only eligible to Flash this ROM.
Before you proceed towards instructions, make sure to go through the pre-requisites below.
- Take a complete Backup of your important data.
- Charge your Mi 5 phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the flashing process.
- Install latest working TWRP Recovery on your xiaomi Mi 5.
- Your Xiaomi phone must be running on official MIUI ROM and kernal.
Download Xiaomi Mi 5 LineageOS 15.1 ROM :
- lineage-15.1-20180409-nightly-gemini-signed.zip (534.94 MB)
Steps To Install LineageOS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi 5 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Firstly, download Xiaomi Mi 5 LineageOS 15.1 ROM and Gapps zip file using the link above.
- Connect your Mi 5 to the PC using USB cable.
- Once the files are downloaded, transfer them to the internal storage.
- Power OFF your Mi 5 completely.
- Once done, boot Mi 5 into TWRP recovery mode by holding Volume Up + Power Button simultaneously until Mi logo appears on the screen.
- Once in TWRP, navigate to “Wipe > Advanced Wipe” and select the options as shown in the image below.
- Swipe the “swipe to wipe” button to start the process.
- Once done, go back to the TWRP home screen and Tap on “install” button.
- Now, browse and select LineageOS 15.1 ROM zip file (lineage-15.1-20180409-nightly-gemini-signed.zip)
- Finally, swipe the “swipe to flash” button to Install / Flash LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5.
- You can perform the step-9 and 10 to Flash GApps on Mi 5.
- Once you have successfully flashed the ROM and Gapps package, Hit “Reboot System” button to restart your phone.
Now, you have successfully been able to install LineageOS 15.1 on MI 5. In case, if you have any problem or facing any issue while flashing LineageOS 15.2 ROM on your Mi 5, feel free to drop us a comment below.