Hi Guys, I am back again with another simple tutorial for the advanced Xiaomi users. In this tutorial will see What is EDL Mode & How to Boot into EDL Mode from Fastboot Mode on your Xiaomi Smartphones. There is no need of Deep Flashing cable and all those stuff. So, Please read the full guide to know How can you Boot Into EDL Mode on Xiaomi Phones.
Table of Contents
What is EDL Mode?
EDL Mode stands for Emergency Download Mode. It is the Special Mode to granting the higher level of access to the smartphone on your Smartphone. By which you can Unlock Bootloader unofficially, Flash Stock Firmware, Unbrick your device from Bootloop etc.
- Install Proper USB Driver of your Xiaomi device. (Get USB Driver here)
- Enable USB Debugging. (Guide)
- Setup ADB & Fastboot USB Drivers.
- Guide works for Xiaomi & Qualcomm Chipset devices only.
1. How to Boot into EDL From ADB
It is easier to boot into EDL Mode from ADB Command. Just follow this simple steps given below.
1. Download & Install ADB Drivers on your Computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your Xiaomi Smartphone.
3. Open Command Window in Windows Computer.
4. Connect your Xiaomi Smartphone to Computer using USB Cable.
5. Type the following command to check whether the device is connected or not.
6. Now, If it shows the device then you use the following command to boot your device into EDL Mode (Emergency Download Mode).
adb reboot edl
That’s it! You will be reboot into EDL Mode with a blank screen. Only Notification LED light will be on indicating you’re in EDL Mode.
2. How to Boot into EDL From Fastboot Mode
1. Download Fastboot EDL File & Extract it on your computer. You will see 2-3 files extracted there.
2. Connect your Xiaomi Smartphone in Fastboot Mode. To do this Switch off your Smartphone first. Power it on (Boot into Fasbtoot) by Holding Power on + Volume Down button until the Mi Bunny Logo appears. You are in the Fastboot Mode now.
3.Now, Double click or run the edl.cmd file. As soon as you run this file The Mi Bunny will disappear and your device will get rebooted to EDL Mode with a Blank screen.
So, This was the process to boot to your device in Emergency Download Mode on Xiaomi devices. This method is working for every Qualcomm devices. Hence, You can use this method on the other devices running on Qualcomm Chipset.