Follow this simple guide to install Redmi Note 5 LineageOS 15.1 ROM with full Project Treble support.
Xiaomi’s flagship device – Redmi Note 5 is now started receiving LineageOS 15.1 update with project treble support. For now, third-party developers are contributing to the development. But, this seriousness shows us the future of LineageOS for Redmi Note 5. As of right now, the ROM is in its beta stage and because of that it is unstable and some features including camera, fingerprint sensor, and sound are not working properly.
Table of Contents
LineageOS 15.1 ROM For Redmi Note 5 with Project Treble Support
- Flashing ROMs erases the device’s data completely. So, take a backup before to proceed further.
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader of your Xiaomi Android device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlocking in your Android settings.
- Charge your Redmi Note 5 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any hiccups during the process.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC. This will help you in flashing TWRP.
- Also, install Xiaomi USB drivers for your computer. So that the device can easily be recognized.
Download LineageOS 15.1 ROM For Redmi Note 5
- lineage-15.1-20180401-UNOFFICIAL-vince.zip (542.4 MB)
- twrp-3.2.1-0-vince.img (35.9 MB)
Steps To Install Redmi Note 5 LineageOS 15.1 ROM (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download the ROM and Gapps file from above and save them to the device’s storage.
- Boot your xiaomi device into Fastboot mode by holding Volume down + Power Button simultaneously.
- Once done, download TWRP Recovery using the download link above and transfer the downloaded file (twrp-3.2.1-0-vince.img) to the ADB folder.
- Now, navigate to C:\adb folder.
- Hold down the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
From the options, select “Open PowerShell Window Here”.
- Execute the below command line to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 5.
fast boot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-vince.img
- Once the flashing process is done, reboot your xiaomi device.
- Now, boot the device into TWRP Recovery Mode by holding Volume Up + Power button altogether for a couple of seconds.
- From the TWRP home screen, go to “Wipe > Advanced Wipe” and wipe the System, Data, and Cache partitions.
- Once done, go back to the TWRP home screen and Tap on “Install”.
- Now, browse and select the ROM file (lineage-15.1-20180401-UNOFFICIAL-vince.zip).
- Swipe the “swipe to confirm flash” button at the button of the screen.
- You can repeat the above step to flash gapps and magisk or superSU on your device by selecting the file.
- Once successfully flashed, Tap “Reboot System” button to restart your device.
Done. Now, you have the latest Android 8.1 Oreo on your redmi Note 5 with project Treble support. You can now enjoy all the latest Android Oreo features like Autofill Framework, Notification channels, Picture-in-Picture mode, and more.
In case, if you are facing any problem while installing Redmi Note 5 LineageOS 15.1 ROM, then feel free to drop us a comment below.